Environmental Noise and Vibration
Whether constructing a new building, revitalizing an existing site, or developing a new subdivision, all buildings can be adversely affected by environmental noise and vibration. At Gradient Wind Engineering, we use noise modeling to predict sound propagation from a variety of sources, including; transportation corridors, commercial buildings, and industrial processes.
We measure and predict sounds as experienced by sensitive receivers such as residential buildings, schools, hospitals, nursing homes, and religious institutions. On-site monitoring is used to measure existing noise or vibration levels in a real-world environment. Our acoustical consultants and engineers perform these measurements using leading-edge technology, and our results and recommendations follow approved provincial and municipal guidelines and procedures. At GWE, we work closely with planners, architects, and developers to implement effective solutions for a variety of environmental noise and vibration concerns.
At GWE, we provide the following services to resolve noise and vibration issues:
- Aircraft, roadway, and railway noise impact assessments
- Mechanical equipment (stationary) noise impact analyses
- Building and subdivision feasibility studies
- On-site noise monitoring and regression analyses
- Environmental Assessments for Transportation Corridors
- Ontario Ministry of the Environment, Environmental Compliance Approvals (ECA)
- Monitoring of ground vibrations created by rail traffic, quarry blasting, and industrial processes
- Support at Ontario Municipal Board hearings for all of the above services